If you’re experiencing MS pain, don’t ignore the symptoms. Speak to your healthcare team about what you’re experiencing. They can support you to find the best way to manage it so you can find relief. It can also help to speak to your friends, family or colleagues, so they understand what you’re going through.
Pain usually has a root cause and can have a lot of flow-on effects if left untreated. Understanding what causes pain and finding strategies to manage it can empower you to live better and more independently.
There are a range of healthcare practitioners who can help you assess what you’re going through and develop a strategy to live with less pain.
It can help to think about:
- where and when you feel pain
- how the pain feels and how it affects you
- if there are any actions or environmental changes that trigger your pain (e.g., hot weather)
- if you’ve made any changes to your life or routine, such as a new job or diet
- how you’ve managed pain or other MS symptoms up until now.
You can also call us on 1800 042 138. Our team are here to listen and guide you.